So I just started this blog today, and wasn't here when this huge trade took place that shook things up!
Tuesday, Feb. 22
• Chicago traded forward James Johnson to Toronto for the 2011 first-round draft pick Toronto acquired from Miami.
• Denver acquired center Kosta Koufos from Minnesota.
• New York acquired forward Carmelo Anthony, guard Chauncey Billups, guard Anthony Carter, forward Renaldo Balkman and forward Shelden Williams from Denver for forward Wilson Chandler, forward Danilo Gallinari, guard Raymond Felton, center Timofey Mozgov, a 2014 first-round draft pick and a 2012 and a 2013 second-round pick and cash. Traded center Eddy Curry and forward Anthony Randolph to Minnesota for forward Corey Brewer.
• San Antonio signed forward Steve Novak to a second 10-day contract.
I really like the stars Carmelo and Billups going to the Knicks. Now the notorious Madison Square Garden will get some fresh action on the floor. Don't you think? I absolutely love 'Melo!
Tuesday, March 1
• Miami waived guard Carlos Arroyo.
• Milwaukee signed center Earl Barron to a 10-day contract.
• New York waived forward Corey Brewer. Claimed forward Derrick Brown off waivers from Charlotte. Re-signed forward Jared Jeffries.
• Oklahoma City signed center Kendrick Perkins to a multiyear contract extension through the 2014-15 season.
• Portland signed center Jarron Collins to a 10-day contract.
• Washington reached a buyout agreement with forward Al Thornton and placed him on waivers.
This was another important day. The Celtics were devastated to see Perkins go, but if you ask me, this wasn't a bad trade at all for Boston. Washington placed Thornton on waivers, and a few days later Golden State signed him. Not surprising it didn't take too long. Also, I wonder why they waived Arroyo?
What do you guys think? Maybe too early to ask since I just started but what the hell! :)